TITLE: Human Resources Manager
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Human Resources
LOCATION: Washington, DC
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Human Resources Manager is responsible for partnering with the Vice President of Human Resources to implement and administer all human resources programs and activities, including recruiting and staffing, policies and procedures, employee relations, performance management and development, compensation, employee engagement, workforce planning, training, benefit administration, regulatory compliance and other initiatives to foster a positive work environment reflecting EWTN values.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates and models EWTN’s values in interactions and behaviors, displaying the highest degree of integrity, confidentiality and instilling trust.
- Provides policy guidance, interpretation and assistance in implementing all procedures and programs.
- Collaborates with hiring managers to determine staffing needs, review job descriptions and outline success profiles. Interviews and screens applicants and provides guidance to managers on interviewing, selection and hiring practices.
- Interacts with managers and employees on various employment related issues to resolve. Coaches and guides managers on employee issues to achieve positive outcomes.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention. Conducts exit interviews.
- Provides input and guidance on workforce planning.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (i.e. coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions, career development) and facilitates the performance review process.
- Provides input and assistance on salary administration and compensation.
- Works with Benefit Specialist on benefit administration to facilitate leave of absences and ensure compliance with FMLA and all applicable laws.
- Responsible for compliance in accordance with all applicable laws including EEO-1, ACA reporting, posting notices, and works with Benefits Specialist on 403(b) disclosures, OSHA and Workers Comp reporting as necessary.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements regarding employment practices to ensure compliance and reduce risk. Consults with Legal as necessary.
- Analyzes trends and metrics and makes recommendations for solutions. Develops and maintains standard reports and special requests.
- Supports and assists in implementing organizational change initiatives aligned with the Network’s mission.
- May conduct new employee Orientation and/or assist with process.
- Assists in identifying and implementing training needs.
- Reviews and recommends process improvements to ensure effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- Maintains immigration records and assists as needed.
- Participates in HR team initiatives and other duties as assigned.
- Travels to field offices as necessary (minimal).
- Minimum of 5 years’ Human Resources experience at the Generalist/Manager level with proven ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be well versed in employment laws and regulations and maintain current knowledge of all changes and trends.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service orientation and strong problem-solving skills. Ability to handle difficult situations in a calm and professional manner.
- A high level of integrity with attention and care given to confidentiality.
- Recruiting and staffing experience to include developing recruiting strategies, advising managers, familiarity with social media tools, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in performance management and progressive discipline.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with teams.
- Positive, highly motivated and organized individual with good time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), with strong Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Knowledge of and experience using HRIS systems (ADP/UltiPro preferred) and capable of producing/customizing reports.
- Ability to travel (approximately 10 - 15%).
- Practicing Catholic with commitment to the mission of Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN).
- 5 - 7 years of progressive experience in Human Resources, including supervisory experience, for a non-profit.
- Bilingual (Spanish) helpful, but not required.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- SHRM certification strongly preferred.
Résumés, cover letter and salary requirements should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE