Apostolic Journey to Cyprus, 4-6 June 2010
Pope Benedict XVI
1. Welcoming Ceremony, 4 June- The official ceremony welcoming the Holy Father to the International Paphos Airport
2. Ecumenical Celeration, 4 June - Ecumenical Celebration in the archeological area of the church of Agia Kiriaki Chrysopolitissa of Paphos,
3. Meeting with the Civil Authorities and Diplomatic Corps, 5 June - Address to the Civil Authorities at the Presidential Palace Gardens in Nicosia
4. Meeting with the Catholic Community of Cyprus, 5 June - Address to the Catholic community at the sports field of St. Maron primary school in Nicosia
5. Meeting with His Beatitude Chrysostomos II, 5 June- Address on meeting the Archbishop of New Justiniana and All Cyprus at the Orthodox archbishopric of Nicosia
6. Holy Mass at Church of the Holy Cross, Nicosia, 5 June - Homily at the Mass, attended by priests, religious, deacons, catechists, and representatives of Cyprian ecclesial movements
7. Holy Mass for the Solemnity of Corpus Christi, 6 June - Homily at Mass for the Solemnity of Corpus Christi at the Eleftheria sports centre in Nicosia, the occasion for the publication of the Instrumentum Laboris of the Special Assembly for the Middle East of the Synod of Bishops
8. Consignment of the Instrumentum Laboris of the Special Assembly for the Middle East of the Synod of Bishops, 6 June - In consigning the Instrumentum Laboris, the Holy Father underlined the need for respect for Christians in the Middle East.
9. Angelus, 6 June - In his Angelus Address, the Holy Father said a few words in Polish observing the occasion of the beatification of Jerzy Popiełuszko, priest and martyr.
10. Visit to the Cathedral of the Maronite Church of Cyprus, 6 June - At the Maronite Cathedral in Nicosia, the Holy Father recalled the "long, rich, and sometimes turbulent" history of the Maronite community in Cyprus.
11. Farewell Ceremony, 6 June - Sunday evening, the Holy Father bid farewell to Cyprus from the International Airport of Larnaca, before departing for Rome.
Provided Courtesy of:
Eternal Word Television Network
5817 Old Leeds Road
Irondale, AL 35210