Curried Chicken Soup
Description: An International Ingredient Inspired Soup
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 teaspoons yellow curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 medium carrots, chopped in ¼ inch pieces ½ cup
1 bell pepper diced ½ cup
1 small onion, diced ½ cup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 can (14-1/2oz) chicken broth
1 can (14-1/2oz) diced tomatoes, drained ½ cup
1 cup water
1 can (13oz) coconut milk
3/4 cup Cilantro, minced
- In a large shallow dish, combine the curry, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and turn to coat.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the chicken, carrots, red pepper and onion in oil for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until chicken is brown and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the garbanzo beans, broth, tomatoes and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, heat through.
- Garnish servings with cilantro.