NY Strip Steak with Pan Roasted Potatoes
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
2 Ea NY Strip Steaks
1 Oz Olive Oil
2 Cups Red potatoes (cut in half)
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Sugar
Tt Tt Salt & Pepper
- Pat the steak dry
- Sprinkle the steaks with sugar; let it sit for 1-2 mins or until glossy.
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan to med-high. Place the steak on the pan at a 45-degree angle. Cook for 2 mins then turn 90 degrees in the opposite direction. This will create the crosshatch marks seen in restaurant steaks. Cook for 2 mins.
- Turn the steak over and repeat the process. Depend on the thickness of your steak you may need to finish the steak in the oven at 375 F.
- Boil the potatoes until almost cooked. Then drain and let cool. Or cook in microwave safe bowl filled with water for about 10 minutes. Drain, cool and then continue the process by finishing it off in a pan.
- Heat a nonstick pan over med high and melt some butter, toss in the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the potatoes are browned.
- Plate and server.