Description: The miraculous life of St. Padre Pio helps us reflect on God’s goodness. Join us for a delicious pasta recipe to honor a great Italian saint!
Serves: 4-6 People
Cool Time: 30 minutes
1 lb of Orecchiette Pasta, cooked al dente
2 cups of dried fava beans, soaked in hot water
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
1 cup, sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup of almonds, toasted and chopped
2 tsp fresh parsley, minced
How To Make:
- Toast almonds in a saute pan, over medium heat for approximately 2 minutes. When toasted, remove and crush almonds into smaller grains. Set aside.
- Soak fava beans in hot water for 20-30 minutes, until soft. Use a blender to make a creamy puree.
- Cook pasta, according to the instructions on the package and reserve 1 cup of starchy pasta water.
- When pasta is cooked, add it to a large saute pan with olive oil and garlic. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add the fava bean puree and the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add a small amount of pasta water to the pan, according to your desired consistency.
- Serve with a garnish of parsley and some of the crushed almonds.