Description: God’s saints continuously bring us gifts, especially St. Nicholas! Travel to this unique region of Italy’s “boot” and taste the blessings of the land and sea!
Serves: 2 People
Cool Time: 30 minutes
6 fresh shrimp, cleaned
12 fresh mussels, cleaned
2 cups of day old bread, cubed
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp parsley, minced
1 Tbsp oregano, minced
1/2 cup of dry white wine
1 cup of Italian Seaside Sauce (found at: www.platinggrace.com or combine 1 cup of Tomato sauce, 1 tsp anchovy paste, 1 clove of minced garlic, 2 tsp honey, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp chili flakes)
How To Make:
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil and sauté the old bread until it soaks up the oil and lightly toasts. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the shrimp and season with a few pinches of salt, lightly cooking it for 1 minute on each side. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining olive oil. Add the mussels, garlic, oregano, parsley, and white wine. Cook until mussels start to open up.
- Add the Italian Seaside Sauce or the tomato sauce, anchovy paste, garlic, honey, salt, and chili flakes. Stir the ingredients together.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 3-5 more minutes.
- In a bowl, add some of the toasted bread. Ladle some of the mussels and sauce. Place the shrimp on top and add more sauce and toasted bread.